If you think the default VFR map is too simple, this is your AddOn.
A map to view OpenStreetMap from within the simulator. Ideal and essential to not lose the immersion when flying in RV or to fly on a monitor with everything integrated into the cockpit.
Now with new options:
- Background color fixed. Now minimized mode works ok.
- New library, faster!!!
- New interface, easier!!!
- New layers and more flexible selection.
- Map tiles by Stamen Design, (CC BY 3.0)
- We acknowledge the use of imagery provided by services from NASA's Global Imagery Browse Services (GIBS), part of NASA's Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS).
- Measure distances only with your pointer.
- Rotate the map.
- Zoom control - Oculus touch compatible
- OSM and basemap from OpenStreetMap contributors
- Layer of airspaces, with all airports and airfields in the world, all controlled spaces, all VORs and all NDBs. Thanks to openAIP Data (CC-BY-NC-SA)
- Perfect aerial and airspace layer combination. 100% recommended.
- Meteorological radar layer, with exact rain indicator at all times. Thanks to RainViewer.com
- You can watch the last hours in motion to see the direction of the clouds.
- Airplane movement and panel data update rate more adjusted for smoother map.
- Internal performance improvements for greater compatibility with Flight Simulator.
- Font size larger to better legibility into VR
- Since v1.7, the map includes all NDB, VOR and notification points of Spain for a comfortable VFR flight too. The NDB & VOR frequencies and the name of the notification points will be displayed when you mouse over them.
- New startup/init process, more optimized.
- New international OpenStreetMap server, faster and better ping.
- New terrain layer and terrain base map.
HOW TO INSTALL
You just have to unzip the .zip in the Community folder of Flight Simulator, like all Add-ons.
When you start the flight you will see a new option in the options panel. Click on it and the map will open.
Before METAR-VIEWER now AIRPORT INFO.
Airport Info Viewer from within the simulator. Ideal and essential to not lose the immersion when flying in VR or to fly on a monitor with everything integrated into the cockpit.
Now with new options:
- Better UI
- Distance to ATC
- QNH with hPa and inHg
- To be able to scroll the information on the airport screen with the mouse wheel, you can adjust the size of the window so that you can see the complete yellow and green squares, the content of those squares when it is very long, you can move it with the mouse wheel.
- Activate and deactivate with one click the STD at 1013 mb - 29.92 inHg
- Quickly display the METAR of the airport closest to the current position
- Large buttons to comfortably type the ICAO of the airport and manage everything from Virtual Reality.
- UTC clock.
- New window control with mouse wheel to scroll through content.
- Now it is allowed to search ICAOs of less than 4 characters. Spaces can be inserted at any position in the name.
- Now you can set the current QNH with a single click. Read the METAR and press SET QNH and your altimeter will be configured automatically.
- You can set your altimeter to the STD QNH with a single click in SET STD and come back to the METAR QNH if you click UNSET STD
You just have to unzip the .zip in the Flight Simulator Community folder, just like all plugins.
When you start the flight you will see a new option in the options panel, with a cloud raining. Click on it and AIRPORT INFO will open. If it opens with a reduced size, resize the window with the mouse and it will save the position and the size for the next times you use it.
Would you like to have a new style for the name plates?
Look the snapshot and if you like it, download the pack. It's free.
I made a mod from the clompsy github
clompsy/msfs_nameplates: Nameplates mods for MSFS 2020 (github.com)
WHAT IS OCULUS VR PANEL
With this addon you will be able to configure all the parameters of your Oculus VR glasses without having to take them off.
You can modify the SuperSampling to improve sharpness, modify the ASW to fly without flickering or cuts, increase the priority of the processes and ultimately adapt your VR settings to achieve the best experience and immersion.
Some of the options if they apply with VR activated need to be deactivated and activated again.
For example, if we are flying in VR and we want to modify the SuperSampling, it will be necessary to press Ctrl + Tab (or the key associated with activating / deactivating VR) to reactivate VR and for the new parameters to take effect.
New with this version:
- Better UI
- More space for the panel. Better visibility.
- Better resizing of the window.
- You can move the content with the mouse wheel.
Page 3 of 12