If you think the default VFR map is too simple, this is your AddOn.
A map to view OpenStreetMap from within the simulator. Ideal and essential to not lose the immersion when flying in RV or to fly on a monitor with everything integrated into the cockpit.
Now with new options:
- Background color fixed. Now minimized mode works ok.
- New library, faster!!!
- New interface, easier!!!
- New layers and more flexible selection.
- Map tiles by Stamen Design, (CC BY 3.0)
- We acknowledge the use of imagery provided by services from NASA's Global Imagery Browse Services (GIBS), part of NASA's Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS).
- Measure distances only with your pointer.
- Rotate the map.
- Zoom control - Oculus touch compatible
- OSM and basemap from OpenStreetMap contributors
- Layer of airspaces, with all airports and airfields in the world, all controlled spaces, all VORs and all NDBs. Thanks to openAIP Data (CC-BY-NC-SA)
- Perfect aerial and airspace layer combination. 100% recommended.
- Meteorological radar layer, with exact rain indicator at all times. Thanks to RainViewer.com
- You can watch the last hours in motion to see the direction of the clouds.
- Airplane movement and panel data update rate more adjusted for smoother map.
- Internal performance improvements for greater compatibility with Flight Simulator.
- Font size larger to better legibility into VR
- Since v1.7, the map includes all NDB, VOR and notification points of Spain for a comfortable VFR flight too. The NDB & VOR frequencies and the name of the notification points will be displayed when you mouse over them.
- New startup/init process, more optimized.
- New international OpenStreetMap server, faster and better ping.
- New terrain layer and terrain base map.
HOW TO INSTALL
You just have to unzip the .zip in the Community folder of Flight Simulator, like all Add-ons.
When you start the flight you will see a new option in the options panel. Click on it and the map will open.
YOU NEED TO SUBSCRIBE ANY PLAN TO DOWNLOAD THIS FILE
How to get access to the downloads?